10 tips for Paulistão and tips from Vitão
1) The reigning champions, Palmeiras are the primary favorites for the title.
2) The present runner-up in Sao Paulo, after the comings and goings, Sao Paulo-2023 seems no higher than the 2022 model, however has the responsibility to enter Paulistao with a objective of victory. Because of the format of the competitors, real looking evaluation factors to the States and Sul-Americana as the 2 championships through which the Tricolor has an actual likelihood to carry the cup, even when it isn’t the primary favourite. What you possibly can’t do is take 4-0 within the last and suppose it is regular…
3) In 2022, below the pathetic management of Vitor Pereira, Corinthians did not win a paltry stateside traditional and have been eradicated by Sao Paulo within the semi-final, the one elimination in ten majestic clashes of this millennium. Fernando Lázaro is unlikely to do worse than VP, that’s, to be eradicated within the semi-finals with out profitable a measly traditional within the occasion.
4) In the final two years, Santos saved themselves from relegation in Paulistao within the final spherical! It will not be attainable that this disgrace will likely be repeated by Odair Helman.
5) Who, like me, is 45 years previous, has at all times handled matches between Corinthians, Palmeiras, Sao Paulo and Santos in opposition to Portugal as “classics”. Today, sadly, this isn’t true. But whether it is clear that Lusa is returning not able to play alongside the massive 4, it will likely be as much as Portugal to push ahead on the stage or, at worst, not take into consideration preventing relegation. And the red-green crowd should attend and perceive that assist is key, even when Lusa is way from having a staff like Brazil’s 1996 runners-up.
6) Highly praised by the administration in enterprise phrases, Red Bull Bragantino has surpassed conventional jerseys similar to Guarani and Portuguesa and is as we speak the fifth state energy. But he has but to point out indicators that he’s able to turn out to be a champion and impose himself in clashes in opposition to the greats,
7) The costs charged for tickets, particularly in home duels the place the bigs are away, is a shot within the foot for Paulistao and they’re taking part in in opposition to the championship. If anybody cares concerning the nice groups and idols in Paulistão, it is the fan from the countryside!
8) Paulistao’s ordinances are cretinous, silly and indefensible. There isn’t any room for a system through which there are not any clashes between groups preventing for a free place with one another. And but this garbage is repeated 12 months after 12 months! Congratulations to the geniuses that includes J.
9) Prediction: Lots of people will spend the complete championship saying it is nugatory, mocking, and on finals day they’re going to kiss the champ’s ass, maintaining a tally of the champ’s crowd, whoever that crowd is. Not right here: we don’t function with elitism and we’ll by no means underestimate the emotion of the followers to see their profitable staff, no matter staff it’s, mine or their largest rival.
10) It is apparent that as we speak Paulistão doesn’t have the identical enchantment as Brasileiro, Copa do Brasil and Libertadores, however to reduce the significance of the occasion is elitist nonsense that performs in opposition to the historical past of our soccer and our golf equipment .. Corinthians-1977, Palmeiras-1993, Sao Paulo-1943, Portuguesa and all 10 Santos titles from the Pele period (1958, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1973).
(*10*) for the first spherical
Santo Andre 1 x 1 Guarani
Palmeiras 3 x 0 Sao Bento
Santos 2 x 1 Mirasol
Água Santa 0 x 0 Ferroviária
Red Bull Bragantino 1 x 1 Corinthians
Sao Paulo 1 x 0 Ituano
I’m Vitor Guedes and I’ve a reputation to defend. And care, in fact, comes from ZL! This is us from UOL!
Read all columns HERE Vitor Guedes at UOL Esporte
and observe me twitter and on Instagram