Daveson and Moreno close the quadrilogy after provocations
UFC 283, in Rio de Janeiro, has a number of good sights, however the greatest one might be the fourth and remaining battle between Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno. A confrontation involving provocations, “beating up,” as the two wish to say, and even accusations of racism.
- The tetralogy is unprecedented in the historical past of the group and will probably be value the flyweight belt (as much as 56.7 kg). The Brazilian is the present champion and the Mexican is interim.
- The provocations between the two fighters are fixed. UFC officers even stated they could not get too close or with out safety close by.
- Daveson has already admitted that he hates Moreno, whom he classifies as missing in character. The two promise a present with a number of “beat”.
The first battle between Daveson and Moreno was held in December 2020 and led to a draw. In June 2021, Moreno turned champion by submitting the Brazilian. Finally, in January 2022. Daveson received by unanimous resolution.
response to racism
Deiveson took a much less “combative” stance in the days main as much as the battle. In interviews, the Brazilian provoked his opponent much less.
Attention was drawn to the pose of the “God of War” in the first face of the week. Back at Media Day on Wednesday, the Brazilian joked extra when the workforce began shouting for him.
However, the Brazilian bought on the official scales. He even groped Moreno and provoked by shouting for a battle.
Daveson additionally took a banana in his arms. The act was as a result of in June 2021, Moreno’s coach, Argentine Marcelo Rojo, made racist posts on his Instagram profile in reference to the Brazilian. Rojo changed Figueiredo’s picture with that of a monkey.
This controversy occurred earlier than the second battle between them.
“Brothers, I’ve nothing to say, get pleasure from the present”Moreno stated earlier than leaving the Jeunesse Arena stage.
“I do not look down on anyone. If there’s something within me, it is as a result of I do not do this. I am going in with the want to win and that is what is going to make me a champion.” Daveson
Future in one other class
Besides this being the fourth battle, another excuse for the finish of the rivalry is Deiveson’s plans.
- The Brazilian fighter doesn’t cover that the future is in the bantamweight class (as much as 61 kg).
- The solely situation that may preserve him from shifting up in weight is Henry Cejudo as champion. Deiveson stated he didn’t wish to battle the American due to the closeness of the two.
- The Brazilian’s thought is to attempt in the prime division and is ready for the UFC alternative.
January 21, 2023 in Rio de Janeiro
Venue: Jeunesse Arena
Light Heavyweight: Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill
Lightweight: Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno
eso-welterweight: Gilbert Durinho vs. Neil Magny
Lightweight: Jessica Bate-Estaca vs. Lauren Murphy
Light Heavyweight: Johnnie Walker vs. Paul Craig
Light Heavyweight: Mauricio Shogun vs. Ihor Potieria
Middleweight: Gregory Robocop vs. Bruno Hulk
Lightweight: Thiago Moisés vs. Melquizael Costa
Welterweight: Gabriel Marretinha vs. Mounir Lazzez
Heavyweight: Shamil Abdurahimov vs Jailton Almeida
Lightweight: Ismael Marreta vs. Terrance McKinney
Welterweight: Warlley Alves vs. Nicolas Dalby
Lightweight: Josiane Nunes vs. Zarah Fairn
Bantamweight: Luann Lacerda vs. Cody Staman
Bantamweight: Daniel Marcos vs. Simon Oliveira