Miranda replaced the idol at the height and repeated the success of Sao Paulo in Europe
One of the best defenders in São Paulo’s historical past, Miranda introduced his retirement at this time at the age of 38. The defender thought-about enjoying for one more membership after leaving the Tricolore, however backed out.
The departure of Sao Paulo was introduced in early November, after an irregular season. Miranda didn’t set up himself beneath the command of coach Rogerio Ceni and was continuously on the bench. In October, the defender suffered an harm to his left knee, which was a decisive issue in the choice to hold up his boots.
- Miranda performed in 36 of the 76 matches for São Paulo and was a substitute in the two finals: Campeonato Paulista and Sul-Americana. In each circumstances the tricolors have been defeated.
- The skilled defender understands that he might have acted extra. Coach Rogerio Ceni made some public criticisms that harm the athlete.
- In June, Seni responded to an interview with Miranda. Miranda mentioned he left the staff as a result of of a mistake in the 4-3 loss to Red Bull Bragantino in the Campeonato Paulista. Cheney mentioned the defender “cannot play each recreation anymore”.
- A former teammate and pal of Rogério Ceni, Miranda anticipated extra respect and alternatives from the coach. The defender was very upset to overlook the Sudamericana remaining towards Independiente Del Valle (EQU).
In historical past
Miranda received 4 titles for São Paulo: the Campeonato Paulista in 2023, in addition to the three Campeonato Brasileiro trophies in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Before arriving at the Tricolore, Miranda began at Coritiba and additionally performed for Sochaux (France) .
- In complete, Miranda performed in 342 matches for the Tricolor, with 184 wins, 87 attracts and 71 losses.
- The defender scored 12 targets, the final of which towards Ayacucho of Peru in the final version of Sudamericana.
- Individually, Miranda was in 4 Brasileirão picks (2007 to 2010) and three in Paulistão (2008, 2010 and 2021).
- Miranda and Lugano occupy the positions of the finest current defenders in Sao Paulo’s historical past, becoming a member of different older names corresponding to Ronaldo, Ricardo Rocha, Dario Pereira and Oscar.
- Miranda arrived in Sao Paulo at the request of Murisi Ramallo exactly to interchange Lugano, who went to Fenerbahçe and replaced the idol of the public, turning into an idol.
- Miranda’s first spell at Sao Paulo, between 2006 and 2011, took him to European soccer the place he additionally excelled.
Miranda repeated at Atlético de Madrid, Spain, Sao Paulo’s success. The defender has shaped a historic duo with Uruguayan Godin since 2011.
- Miranda was champion of the Spanish Championship, Europa League and Copa del Rey, in addition to the Spanish Super Cup and UEFA Super Cup.
- In Spain, he scored the most necessary aim of his profession. In the 2013 Copa del Rey remaining, the defender introduced the title to Atlético.
- Miranda was additionally half of the 2013/2014 Champions League runners-up aspect, shedding to Real Madrid in stoppage time.
In 2015, Miranda moved to Internazionale from Italy, the place he didn’t win any titles, however established himself in the Brazilian nationwide staff and captained the 2018 World Cup. He was one of the few to avoid wasting in the elimination towards Belgium when he had a superb efficiency in duels with Lukaku. For competitors, the defender received the Confederations Cup in 2009 and the Copa America in 2019.
After Inter, Miranda went to Jiangsu Suning in 2019 and lifted the Chinese Championship Cup in 2020. The return to Sao Paulo, the place he launched himself in world soccer, occurred in 2021. In the final passage, he reached the three hundredth recreation and received one other title: Paulistão. The final dance was not as anticipated, however nothing to tarnish the lovely story of the Tricolors.