Palmeiras are scouting the market to hire Danilo’s replacement
Days after promoting Danilo to Nottingham Forest-ING for €20 million (about R$113 million), Palmeiras is scouring the ball market for a replacement. So far, amongst the names probed are three midfielders who work outdoors the nation.
- Mateus Enrique (25): ex-Gremio, belongs to Sassuolo (Italy). The buy worth is ready at between €4.5 million (R$25 million) and €6 million (R$33 million) for 50% of the financial rights.
- Jean Lucas (24): ex-Flamengo, Santos, Lyon (France) and Brest (France), presently at Monaco (France). The European membership wished to embody the steering wheel in the negotiations for Danilo. He now fees €6m (R$33m) for 70% of the rights.
- Gregore (28): ex-Santos and Bahia, presently at Inter Miami (USA). With a contract solely till 2024, he’s handled as a extra economically viable various.
Despite the excessive degree of market alternate options, Palmeiras will battle to change Danilo’s departure. This occurs as a result of Mateus Enrique, Jean Lucas and Gregore wouldn’t have the identical taking part in traits as the former midfielder, who balances between first and second midfielder.
How does Daniel play?
- Danilo operated as the first participant in entrance of the Palmeiras defence. In addition to marking in the center, he had the duty of masking the flanks whereas leaving no areas for the opposition to exploit. He and Ze Raphael compensated for one another at numerous occasions as a duo.
- In assault, Danilo was necessary with lengthy passes, photographs and turns, dictating the tempo of the crew’s play and even deciding on the sector the place to assault with a clear and fast exit of the ball.
- Danilo was additionally a key participant in a tactical idea referred to as “lose and press”: when Palmeiras was disarmed, he was the one to soar and steal the ball as rapidly as doable. The steer additionally confirmed loads of velocity to transfer again and recompose the mark if stress wasn’t working.
- This mixture of defensive and offensive traits, executed at a excessive degree, made Danilo play a key position in Abel Ferreira’s crew, influencing the collective habits. That’s why it is so onerous to change.
Jailson began in the Campeonato Paulista debut, the first recreation with out Danilo. Although he provides the crew physicality, top and good marking, the defensive midfielder doesn’t have the identical offensive traits as the former starter. Gabriel Menino and Fabinho are additionally choices for Abel Ferreira.
Among the meant ones, Mateus Enrique performed Italian soccer extra superior than Danilo. He is just not in the beginning line-up after taking part in in 11 of Sassuolo’s 19 video games this season. Mostly as a second midfielder, with much less duty in protection and a extra rhythmic recreation. Even at Grêmio, he was extra articulate than defensive, higher with the ball than with out the ball.
Jean Lucas can be not in Monaco’s beginning line-up and in addition performs in a extra ahead a part of the pitch. than Danilo in addition to Mateus Enrique. He doesn’t put on the quantity 5 shirt. Last season, he even performed earlier than Chouameni, world runner-up for France, in the present day at Real Madrid and – this one – with taking part in traits nearer to these of the former Palmeiras participant.
Finally, Gregor is Inter Miami’s beginning midfielder. A specialist in lengthy particular person pursuits, marking and defensive protection, he fails to present as a lot dynamism on the ball. He is extra comparable to Jailson than Danilo and in addition does not present 100% of the traits of a midfielder contracted to Europe.
Palmeiras president Leila Pereira promised reinforcements for the first semester. The steering wheel is amongst the priorities due to Danilo’s departure. As discovered by UOLthe thought is just not to hire stars out of concern for sustaining environment behind the scenes.