the defense formulates an appeal against the temporary arrest
In Spain in the early hours of final Saturday – after a hasty journey from Brazil – Daniel Alves’ group introduced that they’d lodge an appeal with the Spanish judiciary, requesting a evaluation of the participant’s provisional arrest and parole by way of habeas corpus.
- Daniel Alves was arrested on Friday (20) accused of sexually assaulting a lady in a Barcelona nightclub late final 12 months. He spent three nights in Brians 1 Penitentiary, identified in the nation as “the jail of the well-known”.
- A evaluation of the remand is the solely approach out for the Brazilian’s defense at the second, as choose Maria Concepcion Canton Martin dominated that he’s not eligible for bail.
- Daniel Alves testified alone on Friday. He was in Barcelona on vacation, acquired the summons and appeared in courtroom. The participant’s testimony contained plenty of inconsistencies and contradictions, it was understood that he was a flight danger, so he was briefly arrested the identical day.
- On Saturday, a lawyer and two businessmen from Brazil arrived in Barcelona to offer authorized, bureaucratic and emotional help. Among the businessmen is Dinora Santana, who was married to Daniel Alves for ten years, is the mom of his two kids and nonetheless takes care of the participant’s enterprise. She believes in her ex-husband’s innocence.
- Staff took benefit of the Spanish judicial outage on Sunday to arrange defense arguments and methods and draft the parole utility, on account of be submitted in the subsequent few hours. They haven’t but had private contact with the participant, solely a Spanish lawyer who can be on the case.
The defense of Daniel Alves fears that the temporary arrest shall be prolonged. As discovered by UOLA well-known case of extended preventive measures reached the ears of the participant’s group: Sandro Rosell, former president of Barcelona, was jailed with out trial for 21 months in a cash laundering case.
Rozelle has had 13 parole functions denied. till the remaining verdict in April 2019. The former Barcelona president was finally acquitted on account of lack of proof.
In Spain, temporary detention can last as long as 4 years.. That is sufficient time to research the case. In the case of Daniel Alves, this was requested primarily on account of the danger of fleeing the nation – the participant had a ticket to Mexico on the identical day. The Brazilian’s defense sees home arrest in Barcelona as an different.
If convicted of sexual assault with rape or rape, Daniel Alves faces as much as 12 years in jail. A change made in September 2022 to Spanish regulation elevated the most penalty for intercourse crimes.
How to report sexual abuse
Victims of sexual assault don’t must file a police report back to obtain medical and psychological assist in the public well being system, however a forensic examination might be performed with the police report alone. The background verify can level to proof that helps the prosecution throughout a trial and might be performed at any time after the crime. But since that is proof that may disappear if performed, it’s advisable to have it as near the date of the crime as doable.
In critical instances of sexual violence, the quantity 190 of the Military Police is the greatest telephone to report the aggression. Patrolling army police can also be known as. League 180 additionally receives complaints, however not home violence instances, along with referrals and referrals to the greatest reception service in the sufferer’s metropolis. The service may also be activated through WhatsApp (61) 99656-5008.
By regulation, rape victims can go to any hospital with gynecological and obstetrical companies to take medicine to stop sexually transmitted infections, obtain psychological assist and legally terminate a being pregnant. In apply, not all hospitals present care. For abortions, see on this web site the items that basically assist rape victims.