Vasco capitalizes on keeper miss to beat Inter Miami in USA farewell – 21/01/2023
After shedding 3-0 to River Plate, Vasco bounced again and bid farewell to the United States with a win by the identical scoreline over Inter Miami tonight (21). Nene opened the scoring and Alex Teixeira, who took his place in the second half, scored the second aim, and Figueiredo on the finish of the sport gave the ultimate numbers of the confrontation.
- Barbieri made three adjustments to the beginning line-up, with the addition of Ivan in aim, Jair in midfield and Eguinaldo in assault;
- Vasco’s workforce didn’t play nice soccer and as soon as once more confirmed nice fragility in the air;
- Inter changed all gamers at half-time and got here again higher in the second half, creating possibilities to equalise, however Alex Teixeira added to the lead by way of a mistake by goalkeeper Marsmann;
- With a defeat and a win – each 3-0 – on North American soil, Vasco’s first workforce returned to Brazil to compete in the Campeonato Carioca. In the reserves, there have been two attracts in the primary two rounds.
How was the sport
- The match began very slowly, with neither workforce excelling and dominating the match.
- Nene had a aim disallowed in the eleventh minute and was man of the match, opening the scoring in the twenty sixth minute of the primary half.
- The gamers weren’t in a really pleasant temper in the primary half: there have been 4 yellow playing cards earlier than the break, one in all them for a heavy deal with on Campana, who forgot the ball and it was proper into Ze Gabriel’s physique.
- Inter Miami modified 11 gamers at half-time, whereas Vasco made only one change: the departure of the out-of-kind Eguinaldo for Figueiredo, who was in the beginning line-up towards River.
- However, with an absurd mistake by the goalkeeper who didn’t management the ball in the small space, Alex Teixeira scored the second for the Brazilians.
0x1. Eguinaldo stole the ball after urgent the ball and performed in the center of the penalty space. Initially, Nene hit laborious and swelled the online.
Ivan saves Vasko! In the 14th minute of the ultimate, Miranda dropped the ball and Ascona had a fantastic alternative. In the world, he beat goalkeeper Ivan, who made a fantastic save to maintain Cruz-Maltino in the lead.
0x2. Goalkeeper Marsman took the shot to Mabika, who returned the ball. However, he missed the area in the small space and Alex Teixeira raced to contact the ball and ship it into the empty internet in the twenty fifth minute of the final leg.
0x3. Already on 43, Figueiredo made a stupendous desk with Vinicius and entered the world unmarked to strike the left nook of goalkeeper Marsmann.
This was Vasco’s final match of the US tour. For the championship of Carioca, the subsequent match might be away from residence, this Wednesday (25), at 21:10, towards Portuguesa in Luso-Brasileiro.
INTER MIAMI 0X3 VASCO
Date and time: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 9:30 PM (Brazil Time)
place: DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale (Florida, USA)
Yellow playing cards: Corentin Jean, Campana, Mabika (INT); Jair, Zé Gabriel, Figueiredo (VAS)
Objectives: Nene, at 26’/T1, Alex Teixeira, at 25’/2T and Figueiredo, at 43’/2T (VAS)
INTER MIAMI: Drake Callender (Nick Marsman); Yedley (Boatwright), Lowe (Mabika), McVeigh (Modesto Mendes) and Allen (David Ruiz); Gregore (Occello), Pissarro (Cremaski) and Taylor (Neville); Corentin Jean (LaCava), Campana (Robinson) and Lassiter (Azcona). Technician: Phil Neville.
VASCO: Ivan; Pumita (Paulinho), Miranda (Ulysses), Leo and Python (Edimar); Ze Gabriel (Anderson Conceicao), Jair (Eric Marcus) and Nene (Alex Teixeira); Gabriel Peck, Eguinaldo (Figueiredo) and Pedro Raul (Vinicius Paiva). Technician: Mauricio Barbieri.