Ze Roberto sees Brazil in race for unprecedented World Cup title: ‘Team boring’ | volleyball
The calmness of the speech is against the optimism of the look. In the midst of the renovation course of, Jose Roberto Guimarães is happy. On the eve of the Women’s Volleyball World Cup, the coach avoids predictions however is happy concerning the improvement of the revamped staff. Although he factors to different favourites, he sees Brazil in competition. With probabilities to lastly get out of the queue in search of an unprecedented title.
Brazil has by no means gained the World Cup. A two-time Olympic champion, he has three silvers and one bronze in the historical past of sparring. Ze Roberto, who nonetheless has an Olympic gold medal with the lads’s staff, can be trying for his first title in the occasion. He, who believed the 2018 World Cup in Japan can be his final, caught his breath after the silver in Tokyo and stayed on. He remained to guide the change course of in direction of Paris 2024.
Brazil make their World Cup debut this Saturday towards the Czech Republic at 3:30 p.m. Sportv2 broadcasts reside, a ge monitor the whole lot in actual time
+ See the total standings of the Volleyball World Cup
+ Brazil examined and educated with USA forward of World Cup debut
Ze Roberto Guimarães Volleyball Nations League — Photo: FIVB/Disclosure
The good efficiency of the brand new group in its first competitors, the League of Nations, helps the predictions. Silver in the controversy that opened the season, Brazil accredited themselves to problem for the title. Ze Roberto sees different groups forward, however doesn’t rule out the dream gold.
– I believe we now have probabilities for the title. We have a boring staff that fights, drives and interferes. I believe we will go so far as it was in the League. It’s not stunning. He has a mode of play that worries opponents and might struggle towards any staff in the world. Against Italy we now have to develop the blockade and protection system. Against the United States, match the quantity of play. Serbia, with the entry of Bosković, turns into stronger. But it is a sport.
Coach Jose Roberto Guimarães talks concerning the renewal means of the ladies’s staff
+ Egonu explodes at 112 km/h and tries to guide Italy to the world title
+ Ghataz returns to the nationwide staff at 41 for the World Cup: “I need to go on the rostrum”
Italy, by Paola Egonu, is the most important favourite in Ze Roberto’s accounts. The European aspect, champions of the League, have confronted a means of evolution in latest years and arrive on the World Cup because the staff to beat. The coach remains to be itemizing different contenders, however sees the choice with probabilities to face up.
– I believe that at present Italy is one of the best staff in the world. This is on a special stage. I’ve been following these ladies since 2015. This is a staff that has already performed in two Olympics. Played World Cup. This is sort of the identical staff that performed in the Grand Prix ultimate in 2017. I see Italy going ahead. Serbia, with Boskovic, USA all the time. China, with out Zhu and Zhang, will endure a bit. But there may be additionally a fantastic staff.
Coach Jose Roberto Guimarães assesses Brazil’s opponents in the primary section of the World Cup
But above all there are steps. Brazil is in Group D on the World Cup. In the primary section, they face the Czech Republic, their debut opponent, in addition to Colombia, Argentina, Japan and China. The high 4 proceed into the second stage awaiting a crossover with Group A qualifiers Italy and the Netherlands. A great marketing campaign early on is important to the coach’s plans.
– My dream is to succeed in the rostrum. But we all know that the primary section will probably be essential. We have conventional opponents. The Czech Republic is the primary staff and the least we find out about. But Argentina is a conventional opponent, they actually need to beat us. And Colombia just isn’t even talked about, with (Antonio) Rizzola as coach who’s doing a fantastic job. Then we now have Japan and China. They are two Asians who’re all the time arduous for us to beat. We need to attempt to get by this section nicely after which see the crossing.
We may even know 80% of what the intersection ought to be. Bet who will depart the opposite group. But I can not say as a result of we’ve not handed but.
— Ze Roberto, coach of the Brazilian nationwide staff
Despite being in the method of renewal, Ze Roberto doesn’t see Brazil free from strain. The coach believes the staff will probably be in the limelight as quickly as they step on the courtroom on the World Cup.
+ Brazil assessments and practices with USA earlier than debut
– I believe there may be all the time pressure. Every championship you’ll play in. When the World Cup begins, we are going to put strain on ourselves to struggle for the title. We know that the whole lot will depend upon our begin, on our performances. We know that the staff grows in the course of the competitors. This is why the primary section will probably be so necessary.
Ze Roberto leads the staff in the match towards Serbia in the League of Nations — Photo: Wander Roberto/Inovafoto/CBV
After the League of Nations, the group was given two weeks off earlier than performing in Saquarema. During coaching, Ze Roberto noticed a devoted group and received excited. This is the recipe for a superb consequence on the World Cup.
– I discover that this can be a technology that has a fantastic want to study. To practice, to commit your self. And with good attitudes. They confirmed it in the League of Nations. In coaching all the time with a variety of vitality, with necessary attitudes. There isn’t any misplaced ball, they imagine till the final second, with most effort. This is basically nice.
Zé Roberto’s focus transcends worlds. The coach has the Paris Games as the principle aim of the cycle. Although he sees the group peaking in slightly below two years, he believes in the significance of fine outcomes alongside the best way.
– We have large targets. It does nicely in all competitions. But our largest aim is the Olympics in Paris. And the World Cup, the place we now have an opportunity if we play nicely and carry out nicely.